Monday 29 September 2008

The red tufted Cockatoo




Inspired by a Bengali rhyme about the ''Red Tufted Cockatoo'' 
(who is on a whim to get a red ribbon, a comb and a mirror!)
I wrote the rhyme in Bengali script in the painting and used a gold backdrop with a subtle crackle antiqued finish. (I have increased the contrast in the close up, not sure if  the crackle can be seen very well). I will be listing it in the next couple of days.
Thanks for all the wishes, Arnab is coping up. 
I recieved the book I won on ebay some time back, 
The biography of Frida  by Hayden Herrera.
I think I should start with the doll tomorrow.
Hope you guys had a great weekend.
Love to my lovely readers.
à bientôt!

7 comments:

nolaa gallery said...

Love the background, it looks so nostalgic.
super soft and I like birdie, cockatoo that is.

carlikup said...

This is so awesome Dee ~ I love it !!


Carla :0)

Erica Herbert said...

dEE! she is LOVELY! ~ but not as lovely as YOU! you ROCK girlfriend! I've gone DOLL-CRAZY! i haven't even finished my 1st one, but making more....tooo fun!
LOVE.
e

suzanneelizabeths.com said...

I love the colors, they are so rich. They remind me of the book I just finished, "The Space Between Us", set in Bombay.

Anonymous said...

Dee, tu es charmante et j'adore ton travail ! Tes demoiselles indiennes sont ravissantes et c'est un plaisir de te voir peindre... Fantastique !
Kisses from France,
Tatieva

Anonymous said...

I love this!

Sarika Alvekar said...

Wow, your artwork is very unique. What colors and papers you use?
I loved them all, Keep up the good work :))

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger