Friday 25 November 2011

Linocut Print

This image made a beautiful journey from a pencil layout to the grooves of a block
and finally landed, in bright purple and black, on a deliciously textured archival paper.
The text is a line from a Tagore song:
I am running way behind my normal blogging pace as printmaking and some
painting assignments are leaving me with hardly any time to post.
To see more photos of my printmaking work from my Printmaking-Guru
Ramendra Nath Kastha's studio, visit my FB page.
None of this would have been possible if it hadn't been for
a wonderful teacher who never fails to inspire.
Thank you readers, for your patience - your visits, (even the quiet ones) mean a lot to Deezden.

9 comments:

Ron said...

That is a beautiful print. Very nice work. :)

Aarohi Singh said...

Wonderful Print...I love the detail.

Dithi said...

Thanks Ron, thank you Aarohi!

Deepa Gopal said...

Gorgeous print!Love the details of ur artwork...You are such an Inspiration Dee:)You are LUCKY to have such wonderful Gurus:))
Good Day!

Sound Horn Please said...

Love the richness of the purple- way to go Dithi!

Neha said...

I have always been intrigued with the eyes in your paintings.. they are the same big sultry vivacious but quiet ones.. but look so different each time..

Dithi said...

Deepa, yes, I think am very lucky to have the chance to learn from such a wonderful mentor! Good day to you too.

Divya, its my favourite colour, thanks :)

Thank you Neha!

Rupa said...

OMG! That's one detailed carving! I have seen and even tried mini images but yours is very complex. Every thing you do, you take it to the next higher level. Looking forward to more of your prints! PS: Would you mind sharing a video of how you do such a detailed carving, especially the Devanagari script backwards?

Joyita Neerkaje said...

Your work is simply Gorgeous!!

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger