Monday 9 June 2008

Erica paints me!!!!

It has been wonderful getting to know Erica. The music she used in this video is a spiritual song that we refer to as a ''bhajan'' in the Sikh (Punjabi) community. Erica didn't know this but I have a very high regard for the Sikh culture and music. So, this video will always be extra special for me and very pleasantly surprised that she came around to use this music. Her painting style is very unique and I love the way she paints on a record. Very Cool E!!!! Loved it!

5 comments:

nolaa gallery said...

I like the use of a record! Very cool and unique. What a great idea!
How wonderful you all are doing this for each other.
hugs!

Erica Herbert said...

dEE~ my daughter & I went to a sikh temple a few weeks ago (with her Girl Guide group)~ I know you are from India~ and hoped this would fit. I really thought it did! at any rate~ HOORAY for art!
lOvE~
e

Dithi said...

oh how nice...the music reminds me of home :)

Unknown said...

I love how you both painted each other. They are both amazing. My most fav yoga CD is by an amazing woman, Snatam Kaur (I think she is American). She sings the most amazing kundalini-sikh chants. You must check out her "Grace" cd.

jafabrit said...

I really enjoyed the video and the music :)

Ps. thanks for the comment on the jafagirlart slide show about my vinyl record paintings :)

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger