Welcome to Deezden! My name is Dithi and am a self-taught artist, now living in Geneva (Switzerland). I love to drink 'masala' chai! Indian traditions, women, mythology and folklore inspire my paintings. This blog is about my art, my life and my likes (not so much dislikes).
Feel free to leave me a comment after my posts. For any questions, commission inquiries, purchases through Etsy etc. email me at email@example.com
Before anything, let me give you guys a BIG THANK YOU HUG! I was thrilled to find out that so many of you liked the vin chaud post and, probably, made some at home! I am no expert at that, but mine tasted just the way I wanted it to. How did yours go?
The ''addictions''!!! so, as it turns out, we fab ladies do share some of these fab addictions!! I do need to nominate 5 people to pass on this award, this is the part that I dread, frankly. I mean, there are so many of you, MUCH more deserving bloggers than Mme. 'D', how can I choose?
Anyway, I am selecting a few bloggers whose recent posts have touched my life, made a difference to the way I think and look at things:
1. Vineeta's blog: artnlight. What an interesting blog! Such a passionate coming together of design, colour and photography in a fusion that educates and entertains. She takes us on a charming odessey of art discovery, weaving through both--the commonplace and the exotic (to her it matters little as long as it creates art!)--in a delicate, fashionable way and with so much heart. And this is what makes her journey her destination. The blog is a classy treat for a lover of art and design and i am really, really happy having found it. Keep nourishing it, Vineeta, for my sake!
2. Archana's blog Rang :The Colours of Life. ''Rang'', as most of you would know already, means ''Colour'' in Hindi, also in Bengali for that matter. That words precisely describes Archana'sability to see colour and beauty in the simplest of things in life. I love spending hours on herFlickR as well. In fact, she has a blog dedicated to the glorious of a Cup ofchai, what a treat that is, tea drinking irrespective! A cup of tea on my desk and Archana's extraordinary style of capturing the drink in all it's beauty! And as if this wasn't pampering enough, we are presented an amazing third, Rangdecor, a celebration of Indian design and decor. Arch, you show me how one can discover life in every little corner, celebrate every cup of steaming tea..... the magic of capturing a moment and making it blossom.
3. Chandan's blog: Girlabouthome is an artistic documentation of her life, her perspectives, her love for beauty in the home. Another super place to find great photography and neat home arrangements. I see a mélange of Indian heritage and an influence of the far-east in her lovely home. Thank you Chandan, your blog is a very special place for us to visit!
4. Connie's blog: DirtyFootprintsStudio . Connie’s is a therapeutic, artful and a here-and-now blog. In it, she celebrates art, purposeful living, introspection, gratitude for what life has to offer. Her support for various causes -- women, vegetarianism, the environment, etc., makes this blog real and relevant. Her ideals, compassion, unconditional love and support make her an invaluable friend. (The video you made for Erica was one of the most wonderful expressions of love and freedom I have seen).
5. Sweetmango. The theme is the first thing that strikes me about her blog: it’s one of humanity and compassion. Sweetmango’s blog is a combination of exotic images, soulful music and poetry (my favourite is the one you posted from your Grandmother's diary). It transports you to a deeper, more meaningful place in your mind and heart. Namasté SM, you have always motivated me to do better. It has a pleasure to know you and to learn from you.
I took a long time to make this post, last few days were very tight with my French lessons starting again. Yes, I am struggling every morning for four hours to better my grip of the language. I have two wonderful teachers and interesting, kind classmates. I say kind, because they sit through my french oral attempts without breaking out into hysterical laughter. Will try to post pics from class some time soon.
Love and Gratitude to you, who is reading this.
You motivate me, more than you probably realise or know.
You share your lives with me by letting me share mine with you.
You give me courage and make my life exciting, inspired.