Thursday 4 December 2008

''Parrots''


I am sure most of you will be surprised / confused and wondering! This is, indeed, the same painting that I posted under ''work in progress'' some days back.I had not been able to finish this for quite some time, the events in Mumbai kept us glued to the news channels. What has happened is shocking, scary and sad. Today's post is not about what happened in Mumbai. This is a follow up on where I left with this painting.

As I sat down to work on it, I realised that I did not quite like the way it had turned out. So I changed it, changed it some more et voila! here I am. The canvas measures 40cm x 40 cm and  it is about an inch thick. 


9 comments:

Chandan said...

looks like a completely different painting... I liked how it looked a few days ago too...

Flor Larios Art said...

Your work is stunning!

REB said...

Looks like juicy fruit colours. Reminds me of warm climates. We have a snow storm raging outside right now.

Dithi said...

Chandan : I know, my husband was in fact heartbroken that I changed over the previous rendition.

Flor : Thank you for the encouragement!

Renée : Indeed, warm colours and bright vibrant canvases. Grap some mulled wine and hope the snow storm is under control now.

jafabrit said...

I like both versions. Thing is you have to trust your muse and do what you feel is right.

Archana Srinivas Pottery said...

The addition of blues is an interesting touch.

Although I liked the previous version, this gives it a nice twist:-)

Arch

Dithi said...

Corrine (Jafabrit's Art): I agree completely, I felt though I would not be true to myself if I kept the previous version and hold myself back from getting where I wanted to go. I am happy with where it has finally reached!

Hey Arch! I LOVE that blue (pthalo with a little white).... it just makes the green come alive against itself! Thank you :))

sandramucciardi.com said...

Hi Dee!
It's been awhile! i love your blog! It's such a happy and warm place to visit!
Love the parrot painting! You're amazing woman!!

Dithi said...

Dear Sandra, long time indeed. I saw your last oil painting, brilliant. Thanks for dropping by. Love. Dee.

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger